Jal neti is a nasal cleansing technique that is used by yogis with salted lukewarm water to dispose of the clog and blockages of the nasal and the respiratory tract. This yogic procedure uses water to cleanse and purify the nasal path, directly from the nostrils to the throat. Jal neti helps protect us from numerous ailments and furthermore supports smooth breathing exchange through the nostril.
Jal neti preparation
- A Jal Neti pot
- 1 tsp. salt to mix with Lukewarm water (500 ML)
A Neti pot is a little but has a long cylinder on one side, which is little enough to be inserted carefully into one of the nostrils during the nasal cleansing process.
How to perform jal neti?
With regular practice and attentiveness, anybody can perform this jal neti kriya.
- Sit down in Kagasana or you can also stand straight with your feet 1-foot separated.
- Lean forward by bending your lower back.
- Tilt your head in the opposite direction of the active nostril.
- Keep your mouth open all through the neti procedure and gradually inhale through it.
- Allow the water to stream in through one nostril and out through the other.
- After you are finished with half of the water, put the pot down and powerfully inhale out to clear both the nostrils. \
- Now use the rest water to practice the same on the other nostril.
- After completing the procedure on both the sides, breathe out forcefully from both the nostrils every which way to get all the water out of the nostrils.
Top 8 health benefits of jal neti
- Sinusitis-It helps in curing sinusitis, diseases of nose, throat, and eyes, tonsillitis, catarrh, and even inflammation of adenoids and mucous membranes.
- Cough and cold-Jal neti kriya which is very beneficial in preventing cough and cold and also treats allergic sneezing.
- Headache- Headaches are quite common these days. Regular practice of jal neti helps in reducing chronic migraine and headache.
- Insomnia-People who experience the ill effects of a sleeping disorder and think that it’s hard to fall asleep. Jal neti is one of the most effective ways for yoga practices to cure insomnia effectively.
- Drowsiness-It helps in reducing the symptoms of drowsiness, and steady practice can help in getting rid of it.
- Grey hair- Regardless of age, hair issues are ending up increasingly noticeable. Jal neti assists with improving the hair wellbeing and expects the unfavorable loss of hair, turning gray of hair and other hair conditions.
- Eye diseases-It helps in curing many eye-related issues and conditions, for example, night-visual impairment, soreness and dimness, and so forth.
- Ear-Ear ailments and infections can also be treated with regular practice of Nasal cleansing technique. It can also be said that jal neti is one remedy for all your ear, nose and throat related conditions.
For more information, please visit: yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India