Essay writing is something you must be prepared for at many points in your study life. You will find it in high school, college and at the university. In that case, it is important to know how to write a great essay that will fetch good marks. The internet has become a trash can where anyone throws their trash. This makes it hard for students looking for advice on how to write an essay. So, we’ve decided to write the following tips you can read and we hope at the end, you will be able to craft an essay that shouts “give me 100% on this” Let’s get started.
1. Understand the Essay Question Once you are given the essay prompt, read it carefully and understand the question. This is a crucial step when it comes to assignment writing and you must not ignore it. It’s the question asked that will help you understand what type of essay you are required to write. That means if you do not read and understand it, you will end up writing the wrong essay.
2. Choose Your Topic Carefully Once you understand the essay prompt and question, everything will be simple. Your next step would entail picking a topic for your essay. Here, you will need to brainstorm a few interesting topics or write down ideas. Choose the most interesting topics from the list you have written down. You can as well ask your professor to suggest some topics for you.
3. Create the Outline of Your Essay An outline is your Google map. It will guide you so that you are not lost on the way. So, start by creating your essay outline. Here, you will need to write your topic on a page then draw some lines branching from the main topic with the main ideas at the end of each line. Draw other lines from the main ideas with your thoughts at the end of each line. Another way of creating your outline is to break your essay into three parts: Introduction, body, and conclusion. Have some spaces between each idea so that you can add some more ideas that back up your main ideas. Well, there are plenty of online examples online you could use to get started. For instance, most students advice essayontime when it comes to the writing of assignments, whether dissertation, essays or research papers. You could also do the same to make your work easier.
4. Write a Thesis Statement Up to this far, you have picked an interesting topic and you have created your outline. It’s time to start writing your essay. This is where you tell your reader what your essay entails. You may want to go back to your outline so that you can get an idea of you will write your thesis statement.
5. Write an Introduction, Body, and Conclude Your Essay Once you have created an outline, your essay writing process flows seamlessly. Your next stage is to write an introduction that captures the readers and hooks them. After the introduction, comes the body of your essay. Here, you will describe and expound on the topic you are writing about. In that case, you put each idea you wrote in your outline into separate paragraphs. You must also cite every reference material you have used. Your essay should end with a summary of your topic. Make it at least five sentences and do not introduce anything new. Just emphasize on what is in the body of your essay, then edit and proofread your essay to ensure there are no errors and the format is correct. It’s that simple!