The Battery ofSelf balancing scooter is the most important component need to pay attention upon. Well-maintained battery may still in good performance during use 2 ~ 3 million kilometers; and bad-maintained battery may appear shortage of capacity or damaged after a use of few months. Please do your best to extend your battery life to have regular inspection and maintenance according to the following tips. 1. Please put the battery in a dry environment with 0 to 40 DEG room temperature. High temperature and low temperature will affect the battery life. Please do not use or store the battery in the environment less than -20 DEG or higher than 50 DEG;
2. Please store the battery in a dry, cool environment. In extreme moist environment, the internal battery may cause condensation or have storage of water which is likely to lead to rapid cell damages;
3. During daily use, please avoid recharging the battery when it is completely depleted. If the power display shows only 1 ~ 2 grid, please charge it as soon as possible. Please make sure the battery is fully-charged once finishing riding. Frequent charging won’t damage the battery well the battery life will be seriously affected during long-term under nearly exhausted state.
4. If the battery is installed but without long-term use which will continue to consume battery power, so please follow below tips:
a) Short term (less than 30 days), no need to remove the battery, Store battery while it is fully-charged; b) Long term (more than 30 days), when not in use, please first fully charged the battery then remove the battery and store in a cool dry place. c) Extreme long term (more than 180 days), need to store battery separately. Please fully-charged battery each 3 to 4 months in order to maintain the battery capacity and life.
5. The vehicle uses a safe lithium-ion battery core coupled with multiple protection function s upon the circuit board, so during normal use or even the impact of the crash will not cause fire or explosion;
6. Typically, the fully charged battery installed vehicle would run out the power after 50 to 70 days’ stand-by; For nearly exhausted batteries installed, the power would run out after about 10 ~ 20 days standby . So if not charge timely then soon it will lead to excessive discharge damage the battery. This damage is beyond retrieve also not within our warranty scope.
It’s forbidden to pierce the battery with sharp objects. It’s forbidden to smash the battery with heavy objects. It’s prohibited to put the battery into the fire or into the natural water areas to avoid causing danger or environmental pollution. This information comes from http://www.koowheel.com