lots of Toshiba computers/tablets come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. as of this special hidden system recovery image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:
- Make positive the device is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
- do away with any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
- Make positive the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
- push and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer/tablet. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
- If the revival process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
- A warning display appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
- connect Yes to continue.
- whilst the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
- carry on to follow the directions restarting as necessary.Toshiba Support