Summers in India can be harsh, and a faulty air conditioning unit is something you don’t want to deal with! Seeking the help of trusted AC repair service seems like the best option in such situations. However, not all issues need professional help and can be resolved on our own. So, here’s a basic air conditioner troubleshooting guide to help you find out how to fix your AC.
5. Is sunlight obstructing the normal working of your AC?If your AC is set against a sunny window, it might have to work very hard to cool your room. It is advisable to have light-blocking curtains and shades for the AC to be more efficient.
6. Is there lack of ventilation for the AC compressor?The outdoor compressor has to have an adequate airflow inside and out. Ensure that there is nothing in front of the AC blocking airflow. Clear out plants, furniture or anything else that might be blocking inflow and outflow of air.
7. Is air coming out of ceiling and floor registers?To address this issue, inspect if the fan of the evaporator is running and that the circuit breakers are in working condition. Also, do check for any wiring issues with the equipment.
8. Has the circuit breaker tripped? If the circuit breaker is in tripped position, try to reset it with the reset button. If it does not work with one reset, try not to attempt the second reset immediately as it could harm the AC unit. Recurring tripping could indicate frequent voltage fluctuations or faulty wiring. Do not attempt solving this on your own, and Book Your AC Services From ADOFIX
9. The AC compressor starts but the fan does not.The issue might be with the motor of the condenser fan and not the compressor. Call an AC technician to fix it.
10. The compressor fan starts but not the compressor.In such a scenario, the AC unit might be running low on refrigerant, or the compressor might have become faulty. This would again require an air conditioning specialist.
This air conditioner troubleshooting guide covers the top 10 AC problems people face. For other major issues it’s best to contact an AC repair service professional. Here’s to a happy summer!